Pages

Thursday 28 March 2019

Learning story

The past few days we have been working on our learning stories. A learning story is were we write about what we have been learning and share it with people. In mine I wrote about my favorite experiments.
This is my learning story:

Title:  Science
Name: Paige
Teachers:Miss Birtch, Mr Palmer, Mr Power
Date: 28/3/111`
Year 8 Graduate Profile
VALUES


People Smart
  • I listen to understand people’s ideas and opinions
  • ~I can work successfully with others
  • I understand how my feelings and actions can affect others
  • I act responsibly even when no one is watching
  • I can give useful feedback to others
  • I take responsibility for my own actions
  • I am an outstander – I choose to help others who are having a difficult time

Active Learner
  • I am a curious learner – I ask questions
  • I use feedback to improve my learning
  • ~I have a growth mindset
  • I know what my next steps are
  • I share my ideas and point of view with different people

Learning Smart
  • I am organised and have everything that is needed for my learning
  • I complete my work in the time I’m given
  • I am punctual by being in the right place at the right time
  • I manage my emotions when I am frustrated or challenged
  • I ask for help when I don’t understand what to do

Thinking Smart
  • I can reflect on my learning
  • I understand others’ opinions and ideas
  • I can think critically
  • I can think creatively

Cybersmart
  • I use the internet and devices in a safe way
  • I can be trusted to use my device for the task I am meant to be doing
  • I can use digital tools creatively
  • I can use digital tools for different purposes

Commitment
Achievement
Resilience
Respect
Skills I have displayed
The past few weeks in science we have been doing really fun experiments.

My favorite experiment was the scones. When we made the scones we were in groups of 3. In my group I had Tonga, Narnia and myself. In each group we made 3 scone. We made one normal one, one without butter and one with lemonade.

My favorite experiments are the baking ones. I also like the idea of one period of doing experiments and the other doing blog posts.



Students Comment

Teachers Comment
Whānau Comment



1 comment:

  1. Hello paige it Shanarnia here. I really like your learning story. I like when you used punctuation.But next time you should make your graph small. It is really big.But you cant see your writing.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.